Saturday, June 3, 2023

Rainy coffee ride with friends

 I had a nice if rainy in bits coffee ride with a couple friends today.  We met up and took an easy spin out to Weston, jumped on the MCRT to the end in Wayland, turned around and went back to Weston for some coffee and pastries.  

Me, Richard, and Jay at the Wayland end of the MCRT


It was my second ride on my new bike, a Specialized Diverge E5 Elite.  I'm really digging the cushy ride.  It still handles pretty well and the full fenders kept me pretty comfortable for the day.  Richard is kind of new to long distance cycling.  We've had a lot of conversations about bikes, gear, and riding technique.  Jay used to work at the same company as me and we'd often bike commute together.



Pictured above is a nesting turtle laying eggs next to the rail trail.  That's a cropped/zoomed in photo.  We tried to maintain a respectful distance so as to not disturb her.  Jay spotted it while we were rolling along!  I've never seen anything like this in person.




We took a coffee stop at the Brothers supermarket in Weston.  It was nice to have something hot to drink on a 53F/11C cloudy and rainy day.


After the coffee break we rode through Weston past Regis College to Glen Road and enjoyed the little roller coaster descent to Wellesley.  It's just fun swoopy downhill.  And then it was just a quick ride back home to Brookline through Newton.  

It's been really good to break out of my riding solo all the time habits and do some good rides with friends.  Probably a lesson in there somewhere.  ;-)


No one told me my helmet cover was askew and even whackier looking than normal. 
Nice to have on a rainy day though.



No comments:

Post a Comment