Monday, January 16, 2023

Winter Bike Ride!

So, I've been pretty good about getting out and riding this winter.  Unlike the BeforeTimes, I only have to be at the office two days a week. That means it's down to willpower to get me on the bike on other days.  And we all know systems/processes work.  Willpower fails.  

photo of a snow covered plant by the side of the road with a stream in the background


Having said all that, the weather has been variable, but OK.  No major snowstorms to leave the roads impassible/too narrow, no ARCTIC VORTEXES (say that in a scary voice) plunging the Boston area into low single digits so far.  SO FAR.

Today I got out on the road even though it was snowing.  I remembered to grab my yellow tinted cycling glasses.  The other day I didn't and I was reminded that snow hurts your eyeballs when you're riding at speed.   

Selfie showing my yellow tinting cycling glasses and winter riding kit on a snowy day


The other great piece of cycling kit I did want to plug here is the TK Travel Kupp bike bottle.  It's an insulated metal bike bottle that keeps hot liquids hot for hours, even in cold weather.  It fits in your bike cage, so it doesn't bend the heck out of it like my old (misplaced) commuter mug.  I supposed it also keeps cold fluids cold in the summer, but whatever.  https://travelkuppe.com/  I get no remuneration from these folks or affiliate whatever.  Just a review of a solid piece of bike equipment that I've been enjoying on these cold days. .  

photo of TK travel Kupp on a table

Here's hoping that the run of moderate weather continues for Boston.  One never knows here.  It's been nice not to have had to do any indoor cycling yet.  I have started doing some heavy days at the gym which is about as "off season" as I get.  Thanks for reading.  Keep the rubber side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment