Thursday, April 28, 2022

30 miles is longer than 20.

 So, who knew? Trying to get out and ride 20 miles a day during the heart of the pandemic is not the same as a 30 mile round trip bike commute?

My commuting rig & drying kit

As we move into - what? the new normal? The next phase of the pandemic? Whatever this is.  My company has implemented a hybrid work scheme.  A couple days a week we're supposed to be in the office.  Covid-wise, I'm fine.  I've got my own office, a little HEPA filter and I mask up in common areas.  And I'm fully vaccinated/boosted to the extent allowable by law.  ;-)

Anyway, the cycling result of all this is I'm back doing my bike commute three days a week.  I've REALLY missed it.  But wow, it's a process building back up to doing 30 miles day after day.  I'm doing two days in a row, working from home, and then another day in the saddle.



What kind of sicko likes their commute? Cyclists.

From the Atlantic 
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/03/a-mystery-the-people-who-enjoy-commuting/474138/


I guess the takeaway is similar to the advice I give someone who's looking to start commuting by bike: take it easy! Get lots of sleep. You don't have do all five days/the whole thing from the get-go.  No matter what, you're probably going to sleep a lot better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment